I don't believe in low fat cooking

Eat what you love.
"if it looks good, eat it!" - Andrew zimmern (Bizarre foods)
"I like to eat street foods" - Bobby chinn (world cafe asia)
.. "foody munster!"

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Japanese dinner: Kimono Ken (MOA)

As i mentioned in a previous post, kimono ken is one of my favorites when it comes to affordable Jap resto. I really am obsessed with sushi and/or maki. Serving authentic Japanese treats. for less.
:)


unagi (eel)  
First up, we were looking for something new to our taste buds, and we tried unagi sushi for the first time. It looked (and tasted - for me) like a typical fish fillet (milk fish, to be exact) with some "slightly sweet brown sauce". For some, They were not pleased about their unagi experience. I guess they didn't like the texture and flavor. 

 Kani Tempura
oh i really love tempura. Doesn't matter if it's kani or ebi.

Tokyo Sunrise Roll (Unagi, crab stick and spicy tuna)
I was craving for maki that day (I'm crazy about maki), so we ordered Kimono Ken's TSR.

Chicken Teriyaki
-boneless chicken thigh with teriyaki sauce. It goes well with their Japanese fried rice. :)

Mango ala mode (fresh mango topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup)

 - I ordered their mango ala mode.
a simple dessert, but such a delightful treat.

there are a lot of Japanese restaurants around the metro, but kimono ken will remain close to me.<3
I will definitely go back again for another round of Maki. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment